407 Visa Program
TheHospitality Internship Program is a paid program offered to highly skilled candidates that are completing or have completed hospitality studies and have relevant hospitality experience. Positions are available in Food and Beverage, Front Office and Cookery.
- Tailored training related to your skills and academic background
- 6 months, 9 months or 12 month positions, full time
- PAID – Australian Award Wage: minimum $19.94 per hour
- Positions available in luxury hotels and resorts all over Australia
- Start every Monday (pending lead time)
- 407 Training Visa Sponsorship – pending eligibility
- Flexibility with location is required
- Academic credit may be obtained if required
- Fields: Front Office, Food and Beverage, and Food Production (Culinary)
WHY COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP THROUGH OZCAREER?
Internationalize your resume
Gain valuable experience in your academic field
Obtain credit for your existing studies
Develop workplace English skills
Form alliances with international companies
Gain recognition within your profession
Improve your career options
Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
START DATES AND LEAD TIME
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (see below for lead times):
– 6-8 months for 407 Training Visa candidates
– 3-5 months lead time for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
This can be flexible if you are applying for an existing vacancy.
– Aged 18–30
– Students: Enrolled in a full time Hospitality or Culinary management tertiary course (minimum Diploma level), OR
– Graduates: A recent graduate (of a full time Hospitality or Culinary management tertiary course) within 18 months of graduation
– Minimum Work/Study Requirement: Minimum 12 months full time work and/or study related to the nominated internship department obtained in the past 18 months
– English: Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
– Work Experience: Minimum 6 months full time (or 12 months part time) in the selected internship department
– Internship Field: Studies and experience must be related to the nominated internship department
– Preference: Currently working in the selected internship department
– Flexible: Willing to work in any Australian city, including rural and remote locations
* if you hold an Australian Visa with full working rights or is applying for an Australian Visa with full working rights, we have flexible arrangements in regards to eligibility criteria.
INTERNSHIP PAYMENT FOR HOSPITALITY CANDIDATES:
Internships are arranged on a full time basis with interns completing a minimum of 30 hours per week. Australian Award Wage paid training positions – Minimum $19.49 per hour. This wage may vary depending on the Host Organization and internship hours.
Non-residents of Australia may be able to lodge an Australian Tax return, before they leave the country. OZCAREER has joined forces with the global tax refund leader Taxback.com to help candidates get their Australian tax back hassle-free. Taxback.com is simple to use, all you have to do is register online with Taxback.com and the friendly staff will get in touch with you.
You may be able to get back part of the money you have invested in our programs in the form of a tax reimbursement. The average income tax refund that Taxback.com customers get is AU$2,600!
RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL (RSA):
All interns who opt for the Hospitality Internship Program must present a copy of their Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate or complete the online RSA course, prior to commencing their internship in Australia. For additional information on the RSA please refer to the “Services” section of the website.
1. Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and submit initial documentation to find out whether you are eligible for the program.
2. Application & Processing:
Eligible candidates will be requested to complete and return the application form along with the supporting documents and application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which OZCAREER will negotiate your internship details.
3. Confirmation & Payment
OZCAREER will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
4. Visa & Travel Arrangements
OZCAREER to negotiate with The Department of Home Affairs regarding visa processing for you. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with OZCAREER your arrival details.
5. Program Participation
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.